Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Science Museum

Definitely not a Kim thing so, while she was off sorting out work stuff, I jumped on a bus and took myself down there.

The main entrance on Exhibition Road.

I didn't bother with everything - that can take a couple of days. There's some space stuff:

A model of Sputnik 1.

The Apollo 10 Command Module - this baby went round the moon, but didn't stop.

A mock-up of the lunar landings.

Some older forms of transport:

Stevenson's Rocket - the first practical steam train.

A Spitfire hanging from the ceiling - I probably had one of those at home when I was about 9.


A Spitfire in bits all over the floor - I definitely had several of these at home when I was 9.

And some other odds and sods:

The original Watson & Crick DNA model - this looks like a bit of bum cell to me.

And they are knocking up a working Babbage Difference Engine though I'm not sure if you could get Linux running on it.

No comments: