Monday, July 10, 2006

The Tiffany Collection

My Monday off and took myself off to the city - Temple Station then a short walk down to Somerset house to check out The Tiffany Collection.


Nice view of the Embankment on the way.


Good spot overlooking the river to have a sit down.


Outside of Somerset House.


Main entry doors - very posh - complete with guard ready to empty my bag and check for explosives.


Big gold thing in foyer which I got in trouble for taking a picture of - no piccies allowed inside.


Lots of diamonds and rare gems and loud American matrons pushing their way through for a better look.


This is the one I want - some drooling on the glass on my part here.


This is The Tiffany Diamond - could pay the mortgage off with this one - actually could probably buy half of Sydney with it.


Left Somerset house and took off to find some lunch - passed The Savoy on the way - by the cars I saw arriving here, this is the place to stay if you can afford a real Tiffany piece.


Statue of Robert Burns in the Embankment Park - famous Scottish poet. (Steve: the only literate one we've ever met.)


The Embankment Park, grabbed a sandwich and sat on the grass and enjoyed the serenity.


More of the park - very pretty little oasis in the heart of the city, before heading home to do the ironing.

No comments: