Friday, February 22, 2008

Perth - Street Sculpture

One of the nice things about Perth - and you've got to get your kicks where you find them on this coast - is the street art. Whereas in Sydney, an art student pukes up on the pavement, calls it 'Journeys through the Mind No. 3' or somesuch, and it gets reviewed by the Sydney Morning Herald, over here stuff looks like what it is. It's generally well made (here's a tip for art students; if you're gonna make stuff out of metal, learn to weld properly!) and there is a fair bit of humour in it.

I'll be adding to this post as I see more.

New arrivals. I looked around for their parents and eventually found them playing the pokies. Fremantle.

This one is in the shopping mall.

Walking into an office block. You can't really see this but they all have different historical costumes.

Yeah, I know, not really a sculpture but a nice piccie of the moon over the St George's Tower.

This bloke has been waiting for the lights to change since 1874 - the year, not the time.

Roos round a pond - and a lot of fun they are, too.

'Come here, little boy, and I'll let you look up my skirt.' I mean, really!

No comments: